Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group PLC, the business has been established for over 150 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities:
• The Comminution Service Engineer aim is to provide support for Internal and External customers, specifically for the Comminution product range (Crushers, screens, washing equipment). This person requires a deep understanding of relevant equipment in order to provide support through the life of this equipment. This person will also be required to carry out machine commissioning and operator training on an ‘as required’ basis in all WME regions. They will also manage a quota of sales related to the comminution aftermarket portfolio and range of equipment. You should be confident about tackling technical issues in the field and be equally comfortable dealing with other parts of the customer’s organisation, such as logistics department, finance, HSE for example.
• Typically this will suit someone from a technical background who wants to expand their career and progress their career development. There will be a lot of travel involved as the role will be predominantly field based around the ENACAR region.
• Fault find mechanical & hydraulic issues and rectify the fault
• Must be able to use workshop manuals and parts books to obtain information
• Maintain paperwork in line with positionCarry out machine training for customer operators
• Ability to examine OEM equipment and exploit sales opportunities for AM to their conclusion, including consignment stock, critical spares, routine service partsUnderstand the order specification and ensure the machine meets order spec
• Recognise visual issues such as paint quality and rectify issuesbe entrepreneurial with strong communications skills;
• Be able to recognise sales opportunities must understand the customers’ needs and exceed their expectationsbe fluent in English PC literate with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & SAP (preferred)
• Demonstrate an ability to fault find and rectify issues with equipmentbe ready to work in an international team, this would include internal customers (WME Sales Offices, Distributors & External Customers)preferably have knowledge of the minerals processing comminution technology (crushing & screening) used in Sand & Aggregates & mining industries
Experience and Qualifications:
• Demonstrate previous service engineer experience (min 2 years), preferably within an engineered heavy plant environment.
• Will suit someone who has worked with major equipment OEM’s, (original equipment manufacturer).
• Our main equipment base is rock crushers, screens & washing equipment; so rock crushing and processing equipment experience is essential.
• Previous experience of dealing with time critical order processes would be a major advantage.
• Fault finding and machine preparation is essential.
• Enthusiasm and resilience are key attributes for this role
• Ability to work to deadlines in organised fashion
• Excellent verbal and written with communication skills
• Strong team mentality but able to working autonomously
• Minimum – Trade recognised qualification in heavy equipment
• English, PC literate,Preferably college trained
• Role requires an excellent knowledge of workshop environments.
• Role requires experience with machine preparation for shipment to customers
• Role requires somebody who can recognise issues and offer solutions.
• Role requires somebody who also scores strongly on analytical activities as much of task involves planning & prioritising.
We appreciate the time taken to apply for roles with Weir Minerals Europe. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we anticipate we are not able to respond to everyone individually. If you have not heard back from us within 14 days from your application date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We wish you all the best in your search.